Thursday, February 13, 2014

So, you stabbed yourself in the leg... Wait, what?!

About a month ago I was babysitting this adorable 9 month old. He had a Christmas present that was still in the box. So I, the kind nurturing nanny I am, decided to open it for him. Well, I didn't want to leave him alone for more than a moment, so I quick grabbed a small paring knife.

Lucky me, this little gem of a toy had triple strength zip ties holding it in place. So, when I was on the second zip tie, the knife glanced off of it and buried itself in my leg. Again, lucky me.

In shock, I pulled the knife out and jammed my hands on the wound. Swearing like a sailor, I tried to stand. Well, you can imagine how that went. So, in serious trouble, I called my sister. She immediately told me to call the lady I was working for. Thank goodness I did! Had I called a minute later she would have been in class.

I received 8 stitches that day, and vowed never to use a knife on zip ties again.

Never worry about telling the parents about something, especially if you or the child have gotten hurt! They need to know, and I'd guess they will be very glad you told them.

Say no to knives!

Xo Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment