Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Rob, meet Alison

I met Rob on Match.com, so I guess it can work. When I created my profile, I chose not to list my food allergies, since it can be a big deterrent and, to be honest, it was nice to pretend I was "normal".
So on our first date I dropped the bomb, not only did I have food allergies, but I have 5, that are found in almost everything.
Thankfully he planned a lunch date at a restaurant I could eat at, Bouldin Creek Cafe. He was already seated when I arrived, and the waitress came over once I was seated. I asked her for the gluten free menu and braced myself for what came next.
One of the reasons Rob's messages appealed to me was his politeness and sincerity. I hoped that would translate once I informed him of my life altering condition.
He took it in stride, a health food connoisseur, he was up for the challenge. I was so excited to meet someone who wasn't scared off by my allergies, someone who was actually interested in alternative lifestyles.

xo Alison  

No comments:

Post a Comment